Friday, May 8, 2015

In Search of Couchsurfer Hosts

Seeds Sprouted.
How much will you guys grow when we are back? 
My crazy exam week has finally passed! I'm relieved, but Kelsey has one more week to go in her program.

Last week she found us a place to stay at Columbus, Ohio. Whitney is making granola bars for the road. Today, I start looking for couchsurfing hosts in Madison and Rapid City and get prepared for my trip to DC tomorrow.

Couchsurfing is new to me. In Chinese we call couchsurfers "couch guests". I'm excited to try it! After I signed up for Couchsurfing, I found out that I was required to complete my profile by 65% before I could send requests. That is a very reasonable design though less convenient, as enough personal information is necessary to build trust between the guests and the hosts. The sacrifice of small convenience facilitates bigger convenience.

I'll stay in DC at my friend's place till the 17th and Kelsey and Whitney will pick me up early in the morning to avoid being trapped in traffic. The two girls will be driving a lot for a whole week.

I can't wait to visit DC again for the museums and the vibe there. I also look forward to interviewing local people about their impression on the capital city.

No comments:

Post a Comment